Evan SilverioChairmanPhone: 978-390-3320
Elias RodriguezVice ChairmanPhone: 978-857-6317
Michelle MelanconTreasurerPhone: 978-985-4384
The Lawrence Redevelopment Authority consists of Five (5) members. Four (4) members are appointed by the Mayor, and One member is appointed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All Members shall be appointed to serve for initial terms of one, two, four, and five years, respectively.
The Lawrence Redevelopment Authority shall have the following responsibility;
- Under General Laws chapter 121 B Section 5, as well as Section 7. A housing or redevelopment authority shall elect from among its members a chairman and a vice-chairman, and may employ counsel, an executive director who shall be ex officio secretary of the authority,
- Establish rehabilitation and design standards;
- Assemble and dispose of land, including the taking of real estate through eminent domain;
- Relocate businesses and residents occupying property in urban renewal areas;
- Demolish and / or rehabilitate substandard structures;
- Participate in real estate development and commercial revitalization;
- Issue bonds, borrow money, invest funds, and receive grants; and
- Accept gifts or requests.
All members of boards, commissions, authorities, and committees of the city, whether appointed by the mayor or the city council, shall be residents of the city unless otherwise provided for in the General Laws or in the Municipal Code, with the exception that no more than three members of the airport commission may be nonresidents. All applicants must be residents of the City of Lawrence. Download the application (PDF). Boards and commissions applications are also available at the:
City of Lawrence, Office of the Mayor Daniel Rivera
200 Common Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
The deadline for applications is until selected and filled. Please send your application to the Mayor's Office. Said appointment is subject to the appointment of the Mayor Daniel Rivera and the confirmation of the Lawrence City Council. The City of Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Daniel Rivera, Mayor