Known as the Immigrant City, Lawrence is multi-ethnic and multicultural, combining a rich history of manufacturing and pride. Lawrence sits at a convenient location for business making it highly accessible. With direct access to both I-495 & I-93, Boston and Manchester, NH are just 30 minutes away. Lawrence has direct public transit access to Boston by both commuter rail and MVRTA bus service. The Lawrence Municipal Airport can facilitate development of its own on-site industrial park. Lawrence is the place to grow & invest in its Opportunity Zone.
Opportunity Zone Goals
- Unlock mixed-use development in commercial districts
- Create market-rate housing
- Support small business growth
- Optimize remediated brownfields
- Increase the vitality of Downtown
- Increase wages & quality of life for all
- Hub for food processing
- Lawrence General Hospital is largest employer
- Home to New Balance, NxStage Medical, Charm Science and Yaskawa-Solectria
- Vibrant cultural and food scene
- 2018 Boston Globe list of 10 Best Places to buy a home for less than $500,000.00
- Modern Lawrence Water Treatment plant processes more than 6 million gallons daily
- Strong economic base in medical services
- Riverwalk development by the Lupoli Company is over 3 million square feet of mixed use space.
- New Balance operates two plants and is the City’s largest for profit employer.
- Bagel Boy produces 1 million bagels daily.
- Cambridge College, Suffolk University, Regis College, Lyndon State College and Northern Essex Comm. College call Lawrence home.