Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 121B, §5, the Lawrence Housing Authority consists of 5 members. Four members are appointed by the Mayor, and one member is appointed by the Governor of MA. One appointee made by Mayor shall represent organized labor, and one shall be a Tenant Representative living in a Housing Authority property. All Members shall be appointed to serve for initial terms of one, two, four, and five years, respectively.
LHA homepage: https://lawrencehousing.org/
The Lawrence Housing Authority Commission shall have the following responsibilities:
- A local housing commission shall have the following rights and authority with respect to the operations of a housing authority within the City of Lawrence following General Laws chapter 121 B section 26
- To approve actions under subsections (c), (d), (k), (m), and (p) of General Laws chapter 121 B section 26
- To approve actions under General Laws subsections (e), (f), (g) and (l) of section 26, section 27 and section 39, to the extent such actions involve the acquisition of real estate, the lease of additional real estate or new construction
- To approve the sale of land, a project or a part of a project and the land appurtenant thereto, under General Laws section 34
- To approve the sale of a relocation project under General Laws section 37
- To provide advice on and review the annual capital and operating plan required under General Laws section 29
All members of boards, commissions, authorities, and committees of the city, whether appointed by the mayor or the city council, shall be residents of the city unless otherwise provided for in the General Laws or in the Municipal Code, with the exception that no more than three members of the airport commission may be nonresidents. All applicants must be residents of the City of Lawrence. Download the application (PDF). Boards and commissions applications are also available at the:
City of Lawrence, Office of the Mayor
200 Common Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
The deadline for applications is until selected and filled. Please send your application to the Mayor's Office. Said appointment is subject to the appointment of the Mayor and the confirmation of the Lawrence City Council. The City of Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.