Street Sweeping Ordinance 10.36.032
Alternate parking on certain streets between 12:01 and 6 a.m.
A. During the period from April 1 to November 15, on the following streets, between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 6 a.m., daily, vehicles shall, unless otherwise prohibited by law, be parked on one side of the street only, so that on the even-numbered dates of the calendar, vehicles shall be parked on the even-numbered sides of the streets, and on the odd-numbered dates of the calendar, they shall be parked on the odd-numbered sides of the streets:
- Andover Street, for its entire length.
- Broadway, for its entire length.
- Common Street, for its entire length.
- Essex Street, for its entire length.
- Hampshire Street from Canal Street to Arlington Street.
- Haverhill Street, except from Jackson Street to Amesbury Street and from Broadway to the Methuen Line.
- Jackson from Canal Street to Kendrick Street and from Berkeley Street to the Methuen Line.
- Lawrence Street, for its entire length.
- Merrimack Street, for its entire length.
- Parker Street, for its entire length.
- South Broadway, for its entire length.
- South Union Street, for its entire length.
- Union from Canal Street to Elm Street.
- West Street, for its entire length.
- Winthrop Avenue, for its entire length.
B. Vehicles parked in violation of this section shall be subject to being towed upon the direction of the authority in charge of snow removal or street sweeping, such vehicles shall also be subject to being towed upon direction of the chief of the police department or such sergeants or officers of higher rank in the police department, or other designees as the chief may, from time to time, designate.
C. Anyone who parks or stands a vehicle on any part of any way under the control of the city in such a manner as to impede in any way the removal or plowing of snow and ice, or the sweeping of the streets, or in violation of any ordinance which prohibits the standing of all vehicles on such ways or portions thereof at such times, and which recites that whoever violates such ordinance shall be liable to charges for the removal and storage of the vehicles as well as the punishment by fine, shall be subject to such punishment.
D. All vehicles left on city-owned land which have been immobilized by accident or mechanical failure or which are unregistered, uninsured, or uninspected shall be removed in accordance with the foregoing regulations.
E The provisions of this section shall not apply to the portions of the following streets which are designated as state highways:
- Jackson Street, north of Berkeley Street to the Methuen Line-Route 110.
- Riverside Drive, west of Ames Street to the Methuen Line.
- Winthrop Avenue, from the junction of Osgood Street south to Interstate 495.
(Document 400B/2010, approved November 1, 2011 / effective December 2, 2011)